Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Farm Table/ Dining Room Tour Part 1



 
Well here we are, a week before Thanksgiving and I am just now getting around to posting my Thanksgiving decorations. I can't believe how fast November has flown by. As most of you know I am battling chronic illness and it takes everything I have to keep up with things, so it's taken a while for me to get a post together and time has just slipped away. I hope Christmas doesn't go by too quickly! I love Thanksgiving, and I am savoring autumn's last big hurrah all this week.


I have been excited to share my Thanksgiving tablescape with you, since so many of you commented and pinned my farm table post last month. If you missed the post, you can see it here: http://junkaholicsunanimous.blogspot.com/2013/09/10-find-antique-farm-table-and-fall.html. I have junked a lot in my life but I have to say that I think this table takes the (gluten free, egg free, casein free) cake!

 I had a different look going on before Halloween with a lot of natural pumpkins and gourds and leaves, but I wanted to change the colors a little more for Thanksgiving by adding some browns and I did this simply through the use of pine cones and just a touch of grapevine. I kept the deer antlers and one of my muted Cinderella pumpkins, along with the green acorn squash I used for Halloween. I also added two cool-hued pumpkins for something different and to compliment the floral design on my teacups and plates. I found the candle holders in my junk stash. I had never really found an every day place for them in the house but they were too pretty to get rid of and they turned out to be just what I needed to complete the elegant/rustic look I wanted. I love the end result.






I  love these dishes, marked Myotts Bouquet, made in Staffordshire England. I found a whole set of plates, cups and saucers at the flea market for $5 a couple of years ago. They have just enough brown, gold and dark burgundy to work beautifully in fall décor.
I added a little scoop of spicy rosehips and cinnamon sticks to each cup. Smells like autumn!
 
Love the frosty gray "patina" on this pumpkin, along with just enough soft orange and green to blend with the other pumpkins.
 
 

Love this picture, but I did just notice that my little boy put his cup directly on the table and it sat overnight and left a mark, and I forgot to fix it before taking pictures. Usually there is some sign in my posts that a happy little boy is allowed to "live" in our home! A random lego in a vignette, a lone Luke Skywalker stranded on a remote base under the table...

This is the corner you can see in the background of the previous picture. I fell in love with that old chippy screen door last fall and brought it home not knowing where in the world it was going. I tried it a few places but loved it most here, where it evokes a little vintage farmhouse/cottage feel.

I enjoy a touch or two of primitive, especially around the holidays. This scarecrow is my favorite prim guy. He visits our cozy cottage from late August through Thanksgiving.

 One of my favorite primitive Thanksgiving decorations is this pillow featuring the image of an antique Thanksgiving postcard wishing the reader a "A Hearty Thanksgiving."

Another favorite vintage pillow that  I reserve for use in  November is this one with  beautiful pheasants.


Here are some owls that I showed in my early fall and Halloween posts. They have flown all over the dining room this fall! Now they are in a completely new vignette, just perching  til right after Thanksgiving. Then they'll fly south to the basement for the winter.

 
As for me, I'm flying north to the bed!
 
Hope you'll continue on with part two of Thanksgiving tour, which focuses on my mantel and buffet:
 
Good night!
 
Parties:
                                                                 Tuesday's Treasures
                                                                    Saturday Sparks
                                                                    Seasonal Sundays
                                                                A Bouquet Of Talent
                                                             The Inspiration Gallery
                                                              DIY Sunday Showcase
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. Your table looks great, Amber, and I love this whole room! I can just see you enjoying your meal in here with the fireplace going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home and decorations are inspiring! What a gorgeous setting for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pheasant pillow. A gorgeous touch.

    xoxo
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, it is so nice to meet you..beautiful pictures..Love your table and everything on it..
    I'm your newest follower..and look forward to getting to know you..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, it is so nice to meet you..beautiful pictures..Love your table and everything on it..
    I'm your newest follower..and look forward to getting to know you..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is so lovely. Of course anything you put on that gorgeous farm table will shine, but you have lovely dishes, I really like those colors. Thanks for joining TTF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, yet beautiful tablescape. I ♥♥♥ your dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this room no matter what you do with it but this is just outstanding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is so warm and inviting. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love touring your home! It is so warm and cozy. Yes, signs of a happy little boy are much more important that everything prim and proper. Love your displays and a bit of prim is always nice! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a nice information on Thanksgiving Farm Table/ Dining Room Tour Part 1.You really did a great job by posting it.Thanks.
    http://www.craftsmanfarmtable.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments from lovely people: