Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

An Autumn Morning In The Garden 2012


Hello all lovers of fall! I thought it would be nice to celebrate the arrival of autumn by revisiting one of my favorite posts of 2012 for this week's blog parties. Hope it inspires you to enjoy all the beauty fall has to offer!

Original Post:

 Happy Autumn morning! Won't you take a little walk outside with me and look at the fall beauty in my front yard garden and porch? The air is cool and crisp, there is a magical mist in the air and the colors are delightful...
The Celtic girl in me loves fall magic! Cead Mile Failte~"a hundred thousand (Autumn) welcomes!"

Here around my porch garden I specifically planted the purple coleus, ornamental grass, and shamrocks in the late summer to compliment the fall colors of pumpkins, gourds, and ornamental kale. And now, the time has come!
A mix of my favorite pumpkin varieties, autumn kale, mums, and old urns.
The leaves strewn about from last night's rain add the perfect finishing touch.



Instead of using plants in my large urn this year, I decided to top it with a  colossal, unique pumpkin. I was at the right place at the right time when I was pumpkin browsing at a local nursery. I snatched this big fairytale pumpkin right as it was unloaded off the cart. I love its Halloween "patina" of  orange and mottled dark green, so dark its almost black.



   
Creepy crows and a rusty cage add whimsy to the garden.
                       See the little lone fall pansy peeking out in this picture? Aren't pansies so sweet?

           A little French inspiration. Purples and sage greens, a welcome addition to the traditional     warm fall palette.




                           Autumn ferns, kale, and English ivy....the textures are so pleasing.
 Long-lasting herbs, bright mums, and a rusty vintage spade...garden love.

 Here is a sneak peak of this year's window box. I am loving that salvaged lead glass window I purchased for $1 at an estate sale over a year ago. I finally found a spot for it which is far better than letting the spiders hang out on it in the basement. I would love to show you more, but its getting really bright as the sun is coming up and its hard to get good pictures. For now, I'm going back inside to snuggle up in my favorite leather chair with a cozy blanket, coffee and some more fall pinspiration.

 Hope you'll come back a little later this fall and I'll show you more. Thanks for joining me! Enjoy the rest of this lovely autumn day!
 
I was featured!
 
2013 Parties:



23 comments:

  1. Oh what gorgeous pictures. I love Autumn and we are just now starting to feel it here in the desert. Our temps are finally coming down from summer's heat. I think you and I have lots in common. I enjoy your blog very much and am a follower from back a ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Amber! I love the mix of the pumpkins and kale. A lead glass window for $1 ?!?! Great deal and nothing prettier than leaded glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOW.that´s a great post :)
    and do not miss the.....

    B
    L
    O
    G
    P
    A
    R
    T
    Y
    T

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful garden! Love the unusual pumpkins. Really a gorgeous place.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pumpkins display. The kale is always a fun addition but the deer always eats mine! Your newest follower, thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post - your garden in autumn looks beautiful. LOVE the sign. The color combinations are perfect! http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/2012/10/romantic-garden-cottage-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite time of year. Your vignettes are beautiful!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful garden you have--I love your use of purple plants with the orange pumpkins--just gorgeous together! And that large mottled pumpkin is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love all of your beautiful pumpkins! This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. :-)

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic vignettes....love the deep fall colors and that magic pumpkin! So many sweet photos, I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful touches of fall in your garden! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you've decorated your garden for fall. Love that color! Stunning and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty fall vignettes! Nature provides some amazing shapes and colors to work with! Just looking at your pics puts me in the autumn mood!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    “Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” Spanish Proverb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your fall garden is gorgeous....


    HPS~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous! I am the featured blog this week, hope you can drop by.

    Pumpkin Fun
    Have an enjoyable pumpkin-licious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a magical garden you have! Love that Cinderella Pumpkin... Thank you so much for sharing on 'Weekly Top Shot #52,' my meme's first anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your mixture of birdcage, pumpkins and kale. Great idea to put the coleus in the mix too. It's all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your varieties of pumpkins ! Beautiful photos !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous picture in your garden. Love all the colors and the unusual pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love it! I love using unusual pumpkins and your garden vignette is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've got an amazing variety of pumpkins and have displayed them marvelously! Beautifully done! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments from lovely people: