Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

White Wednesday Easter Highlights

 Since its White Wednesday I get  another chance to show you my new ironstone pitcher and some of my favorite white Easter decorations in case you haven't checked out my Easter post yet.
First up is this lovely antique ironstone pitcher that I found at a flea market in West Virginia for only $4.00! I had been looking for something different for my mantel to use throughout the year in between special holiday displays and I think its just the perfect piece. I am loving it filled with the baby's breath now, but I am sure I will use roses, peonies, hydrangeas, daisies, etc. throughout the rest of spring and summer and it will always look great. I am also getting a nice little collection of ironstone platters now which makes a nice display with the pitcher on top.




Here are some of my favorite Easter things. The large duck head is an orphaned top to a vintage cookie jar made by Hull. I found it at the flea market last summer for a dollar and I just love him! I enjoy displaying him on the cake stand for a bit of whimsy. Although I am not actively seeking out his bottom half, it gives me something to be on the lookout for during my junking excursions which is always fun.

Another $1 flea market find is this vintage McCoy duck planter.



 Also pictured is a precious white rabbit, and a vintage ceramic basket with mini-eggs.


Roses in white ironstone pitchers (and a yard sale sticker on a french flower bucket!)

                                  More ironstone pieces and a sweet little rabbit figurine


White papier mache bunny in a shabby birdcage



Happy White Wednesday! If you'd like to see the rest of my Easter and spring decorations, just click here http://junkaholicsunanimous.blogspot.com/2012/03/easter-time.html
 Have a blessed Easter!

linking up with www.fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' all of your ironstone pitcher! You're right ...they're the best for all kinds of flowers!
    THANKS for stopping by...and giving your input...we'll see how it all turns out:)
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete

Comments from lovely people: