Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

A "Deer" Summer Vignette

Hello again already! I'm back with another quick post of a "deer" little summer vignette I threw together with some junk I had in my stash. You may remember my sweet deer from previous posts. She surely is one of my all time favorite finds. Today she is enjoying the last days of summer decked in her retro shades and enjoying a cool sip from a vintage coke bottle.

One reason I love blog land is knowing that you Junkers totally "get" how much enjoyment I get from creating a little display like this. Some visitors just sort of look at my stuff in odd way, and although they think it's cute, they just don't get the thrill.
 Call me weird, but I just love this deer in her sunglasses and she truly has made my gloomy summer (health issues) a lot brighter.



She's enjoying her time in Fl. I love that little vintage mini license plate. I found it about a week after I had created the vignette and it was a perfect addition.


She used a vintage map hankie to find her way to FL. (Actually it's a Wyoming state hankie. I know these are hot collectors items, so I'm willing to sell it once my deer makes it back home to settle into her fall vignette-just message me if you are interested!)

                       Fall 2013
I can't believe it's the middle of August and it won't be long until the fall decorating actually begins.

Until then, have a "deer" rest of your summer!

Feathered Nest Friday

4 comments:

  1. Your charming deer wearing sunglasses would make me smile every time I walked past! I hope you've been feeling good and enjoying the dwindling days of summer.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are on the mend. Your deer is darling and I love him in the sunnies. I can't believe fall is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a real charmer your little "Dear" is! As hot as it is here in good old sunny south FLA. I'm looking forward to a cool down of sorts, too. Enjoy!
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I.
    LOVE.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!

    What fun and you have such a great sense of humor!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from lovely people: