Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Prayer For Spring

The warmth and sunshine has inspired a little post on this beautiful first day of April.  Today I will simply be sharing my lovely daffodils and an excerpt from "A Prayer In Spring," by Robert Frost. 



Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today; And give us not to think so far away, as the uncertain harvest; keep us here, all simply on the springing of the year...

Happy April!

Amber

3 comments:

  1. You have so many cheery decorations for Easter and spring! It's a joyful time of year. I love the sentiment in Frost's poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just browsing and found your lovely blog. This spring table is perfect for April and the daffodils beautiful. I have several patches of daffodils blooming in my yard today. What a sweet card and flower frog.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. I have been having trouble with GFC and if I am already following you, and you following me, please forgive me. If not, please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Comments from lovely people: