Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"Spring Thing" Repurposed Rusty Bed Spring

Hello everyone! It's still winter here in Kentucky with three more inches of snow on the ground but I have been getting things ready for spring at home and in my booth. Here is a quick little project I came up with using an old bed spring and a rusty old bundt pan.

I found these burlap carrots at a craft store in town. I added more burlap and jute to the top because they were a little plain. Then I simply tucked the carrots down into the spring and set it on top of an old bundt pan and made a spring tag out of a chalkboard tag. I am selling this one in my new Etsy shop, The Junky Chic Boutique! https://www.etsy.com/shop/thejunkychicboutique.I already have another spring, but I need to find another bundt pan to make one for myself or I am going to change my mind a keep this one. It's too cute!

What I love about this decoration is that it's versatile for after spring. The carrots can be used in the kitchen somehow after Easter and the bed spring and bundt pan can also be repurposed for other creative projects.

    Here it is displayed in my booth. I love that burlap bunny too in the rusty verdigris basket. If                            you see anything else you like in the picture just let me know, I can add it to my Etsy shop.

                                                            Happy (almost) spring!

                                                                      Amber
Parties:
Knick Of Time Tuesday
What's It Wednesday
Marketplace Monday

I

3 comments:

  1. What a fun "spring" idea! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product! It's giving me a very antique vibe, yet it comes from repurposed materials! What a nice way to create such wonderful home accents. More power to you and your shop, Amber!

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete

Comments from lovely people: