Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine Touches

Good February morning everyone! Just last night I completed a long post in keeping with the "love" theme for this week called, "Creating Cottage Romance." I really hope you'll take a look! Lots of romantic ideas there. I think I'll wait until next weekend's parties to link it up though, and today I'll go ahead and get a proper Valentine's Day post for this week.

 It's easy to work in Valentine touches since I have a lot of romantic shabby decor anyway. I keep my winter decorations out all through February, so I have just added a few little Valentine touches here and there.
 It was simple to tweak my junky chic Christmas tree for Valentine's Day. I removed any Christmas-themed ornaments after Christmas and just kept snow and winter things on it, along with vintage lace, ribbon and tulle garlands. The tree already had romantic decorations such as old clocks and vintage keys too. Last week I added the shabby hand made Valentine hearts which are in my etsy shop.(Click here to see the post:(http://junkaholicsunanimous.blogspot.com/2014/02/shabby-altered-valentine-hearts.html).I have sold two of them already so I think I'll make some more tonight since it looks like we are going to be snowed in again!


My dearest friend Stephanie sent me this old postcard last year. She knows how I adore all things vintage.
xoxo Steph!



Last summer I found the old card table cloth. I knew it would be perfect for Valentine's day, but couldn't find anywhere to display it this year so it became my tree skirt for the Valentine tree. The rusty old leather skate fits right in with this snowy February too.


For my topper I just cut out an old Valentine card I have had forever in my craft stash, and glued it to a lace paper heart. I think the cost of materials for this topper may total a whole quarter. I love simple home made Valentines like this. It reminds me of decorating my Valentine boxes for school with my Mommy each year.
Oh and I am crazy about this picture with the baby and arrow...a little cupid! It was a $6 estate sale find and my favorite Valentine's day decoration. I created a really mismatched vignette here, but it's fun. One of my hand sewn hearts is displayed in an old rusty bed spring, alongside some other treasures. I like to include a couple of vintage Shiny-Brite bulbs for Valentine's Day too. And why the Scottie? I collect vintage Scottish Terrier figurines and planters, and this one just looked Valentines-ish, being white with the red collar. Also, our dear little black Scottie, Findlay, passed away earlier this month and our white wheaten Scottie, Bonnibelle, has truly been a comfort during our loss. She is so sweet and loving, truly a Valentine of mine!
Here she was my Christmas girl.

Last year I was really sick in February, and I didn't get my Valentine's Day post up until March. So in case you missed it, I will leave you with a few pictures of  the Valentine treasure box I created inside an old machinist box. Thanks for stopping by!



 


Happy Valentine's Day!

linking up to:
Be Inspired Common Ground
Be Inspired Elizabeth and Co.

9 comments:

  1. It's adorable. I love your tree topper and the hand stitched heart. It's all so cute. I'm adding you to my blog roll so I won't miss a post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an immensely beautiful Valentine's Day tree. As 2012 wound to a close, I picked up a wee little pink (think dusty bubble gum hued) tabletop tree on clearance after Christmas (50% off!) and have left it out all year round in my craft room ever since, decorating it for each of the major holidays. It lends itself better to Valentine's Day, so I'm really looking forward to decorating it in a day or two (when I take a breather from my early spring cleaning, which I just couldn't wait until March or April to start this year and launched into this past Thursday).

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice blog comment. It's a pleasure to "meet" you and to know we both shared the honour of being named one of Vintage Frills' top vintage blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your Valentines post, and all of your shabbylicious goodies!! I love the idea of the old clocks and keys on the tree. I had purchased a pink tree after Christmas, but with the lights lit, it is waaaaaayy to pink. Like fushia pink. I think I am going to return it. I like the subtle, pastel colors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your valentine tree is so sweet and pretty! Love all of your homemade valentines. Great post!
    Thank you so much for the blog visit and your very kind comment. Made my day!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving all of your Valentine decor! The level of detail is magnificent.

    Thank you for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much vintage eye candy to look at! I love the Valentine's post card your friend sent you last year - gorgeous. It caught my eye over at the Bouquet of Talent party.
    Marie@TheInteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it so very pretty and love the vintage look and feel of it all
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, I love all your Valentine treasures. I especially love your vintage tree. Thank you so much for sharing. I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love your vignettes!!!! You pull vintage together so beautifully because you live it every day.
    Just gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Comments from lovely people: