Finding rusty old junk is fun! Nevertheless, I have found that no matter how much "stuff" I find and collect, only God can fully satisfy my heart. Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

White Wednesday Oct. 26th, 2011 Hoot!

For White Wednesday I am sharing another easy way to use an old white window for Halloween decorating.
To start, here is the a wreath I bought this summer at a yard sale for $2.00. I liked it but it didn't really stand out anywhere I put it, so I decided it needed a makeover.

Good old spray paint to the rescue!

I used glossy black. I still wasn't exactly sure what else I was going to do with it at this point.

Then I thought about this awesome vintage owl blow mold I found a few weeks back at the flea market for  $1...



and the other long white window I hadn't used, and before long I had an easy, adorable wreath and Halloween display.




I simply hung the wreath on the window using a suction cup, stuck the owl in the center of the wreath and camoflauged the cord as best I could, and then draped some black creepy cloth over the back of the window. Total cost of the display is $6 since I already had the spray paint. 


Happy White Wednesday. Hope your Halloween is a hoot! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Linking Up to White Wednesday at http://www.fadedcharm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from lovely people: